If you’ve ever had a craving for some authentic Korean cuisine, then I’ve got just the recipe for you! Today, I’m going to walk you through the process of making a delicious homemade Korean Kimchi. This fermented spicy cabbage dish is a staple in Korean households and is bursting with flavor.
Authentic Homemade Korean Kimchi Recipe
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Start by cutting the cabbage in half lengthwise, then cut each half into strips. Place the cabbage strips in a large bowl and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Mix well and let it sit for about 2 hours to draw out the moisture. Rinse the cabbage thoroughly and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the grated ginger, minced garlic, fish sauce, sugar, and Korean red pepper flakes. Mix well until everything is blended together.
- Add the green onions and carrot to the sauce mixture. Toss until the vegetables are well coated in the sauce.
- Now, it’s time to combine the sauce and cabbage. Using your hands, gently massage the sauce into the cabbage, making sure each strip is coated.
- Transfer the kimchi to a clean jar or airtight container, packing it down tightly to remove any air bubbles. Leave about an inch of space at the top as the kimchi will expand during fermentation.
- Seal the container and let it sit at room temperature for 2-5 days. The longer it sits, the more flavorful it will become. Remember to burp the container once a day to release any built-up gases.
- Once your kimchi has reached your desired level of fermentation, transfer it to the refrigerator. This will slow down the fermentation process and allow you to enjoy your homemade kimchi for weeks to come!
Kimchi is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own, as a side dish, or added to various Korean dishes. Its tangy and spicy flavors add a unique kick to any meal. So why not give this homemade Korean Kimchi recipe a try and bring a taste of Korea into your kitchen?
Remember, fermentation is a natural process that takes time, so be patient and let the flavors develop. Your efforts will be rewarded with a jar of delicious and healthy kimchi that you can enjoy whenever your taste buds crave some Asian flair. Happy fermenting!
If you are looking for Korean food photo kimchi day! Maangchicom – Best Movie To Watch you’ve came to the right web. We have 35 Images about Korean food photo kimchi day! Maangchicom – Best Movie To Watch like طرز تهیه کیمچی؛ خوراک جذاب کرهای, Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipe and also Kimchi Recipe (Napa Cabbage Kimchi) – Korean Bapsang. Here you go:
Korean Food Photo Kimchi Day! Maangchicom – Best Movie To Watch
kimchi maangchi resepi
Traditional Napa Cabbage Kimchi | Recipe In 2020 | Kimchi Recipe
Korean Food Photo: Easy Kimchi!! On Maangchi.com
kimchi easy maangchi tosin korean
طرز تهیه کیمچی؛ خوراک جذاب کرهای
KuroHouse Of Craft: How To Make Kimchi (english Version)
kimchi make version english
Easy Korean Kimchi – Marion's Kitchen | Recipe In 2021 | Asian Recipes
kimchi receita culturais coreia gloria buenaventura
Korean Kimchi 韩国泡菜 – Paperblog
Authentic Homemade Korean Kimchi Recipe | The Dimple Life
kimchi korean recipe authentic homemade benefits health some
Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipe
korean kimchi recipe authentic food recipes water drkarenslee choose board
Kimchi Recipe (Napa Cabbage Kimchi) – Korean Bapsang
kimchi cabbage korean recipe traditional napa baechu dish koreanbapsang
Korean Food Photo: Kimchi On Maangchi.com
kimchi maangchi eat everything
Original Kimchi Recipe : Traditional Korean Kimchi – Homemade Mommy
kimchi recipe maangchi korean traditional original cabbage mommy dish common homemade napa but so source authentic
Traditional Kimchi Recipe (Napa Cabbage Kimchi) – Korean Bapsang
kimchi cabbage napa korean recipe traditional food probiotic south korea foods recipes make koreanbapsang dish bapsang dishes side choose board
Easy Kimchi Recipe | Authentic And Delicious – Korean Bapsang
kimchi korean koreanbapsang mak simple foods bapsang rinse seasoning cabbage
Traditional Napa Cabbage Kimchi (Tongbaechu-kimchi: 통배추김치) | Recipe
kimchi recipe cabbage napa maangchi fermented recipes traditional make korean kim chi fermentation 김치 cup thread korea character south so
Kimchi How To Make Fermented Foods, Korean Kimchi, Pickled Cabbage
Kimchi Recipe – Sing Kee
Kkakdugi (Cubed Radish Kimchi) Recipe – Maangchi.com
kimchi radish kkakdugi korean recipe maangchi cubed daikon dish made side cabbage pickled du diced spicy gi mu very radishes
Traditional Korean Kimchi – Homemade Mommy
kimchi traditional korean homemade recipe making recipes make made powder food
Kavey Eats » A Crash Course In Korean Kimchi (Recipe Included)
kimchi korean recipe crash included course
Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipe | Kimchi Recipe, The O'jays And Rice Wine
recipe kimchi cucumber korean drkarenslee
Traditional Kimchi Recipe (Tongbaechu-kimchi: 통배추김치) English Caption
kimchi recipe traditional food making english caption spicy cabbage maangchi fermented classic show napa
Easy Korean Kimchi – Fermented Spicy Cabbage | Wandercooks
kimchi cabbage fermented wandercooks spicy seafood crispy dishes daikon julienne grate flavour
Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipe
kimchi korean authentic recipe
Korean Food Photo: Kimchi Making Day! – Maangchi.com
kimchi maangchi korean making made yummy food comfortable feel run better lot when
Homemade Kimchi : KoreanFood
Kimchi Recipe – Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipe (Kim-Chi, 김치) – Hungry
The Best Kimchi Recipe, Kimchi Recipe Easy, Korean Food Kimchi, South
Korean Food Photo: 3 Kinds Of Kimchi – Maangchi.com
kimchi kinds mustard korean food maangchi radish soup cabbage napa ponytail ago week green these made
More Than Just Cabbage—try These 5 Creative Kimchi Recipes – TODAY.com
kimchi jenis koreatown kcrw cookbook cabbage penuh meja banchan kaskus rodbard hong
Kimchi Origin : Creatrip All About South Korea S Signature Food Kimchi
kimchi theatlantic cabbage
Spicy Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi (Oi-sobagi) Recipe – Maangchi.com
kimchi cucumber recipe korean oi maangchi stuffed spicy authentic make 김치 오이 barley eventually rice ll shows too original but
Pin On Korean Food
kimchi recipe mak korean food seonkyounglongest traditional recipes longest seonkyoung
Carols Recipes: Recipe: Yummy Flavour Of Korea: Simple Homemade Kimchi
Kimchibap – Rice Cooked With Kimchi
kimchi rice fried recipe cooked
Traditional korean kimchi. Kimchi theatlantic cabbage. Kkakdugi (cubed radish kimchi) recipe